Monday, September 10, 2007

Oregon Coast

This weekend Sara and I ended up heading out to the Oregon Coast. We met up with Brian Rudd, and headed to Indian beach. The surf wasn't the best I've ever been in, but it's always fun. Sara got some shots off, so I figured I'd post 'em up. I demoed a sick surf kayak made by Valley from Alder Creek. Unfortunately, the camera didn't make it out until later in the day. If you're a surf veteran, and haven't checked one out, talk the the folks at Alder Creek. They'll hook you up.

(Sara took this killer shot)




(Brian gets on it)


(Myself working on a blunt)



(Rudd on one of the bigger ones of the day)

(The view at Indian)

I love hitting the surf. I actually spend more time with my playboat in the surf than on the river. If you are a boater who lives in the area, and haven't been in the surf yet, check it out. Its a lot of fun! All you need is a strong roll, a tight fitting skirt, and good judgement. The ocean however, definately demands respect. Rip currents, cold water, and powerful hydraulics can easily make for a bad day in the surf. Always wear a lifejacket and helmet, and never boat alone. The Oregon Coast is a beautiful place to spend a day when everything else is all dried up.


1 comment:

Anthony Skrivanek said...

I can't wait to get in the surf!! Yeah, my trip got delayed due to favorable streamflow conditions on the North Shore - woohoo! I'm planning on leaving early next week - I'll keep you posted. You've now sparked my curiosity about what all you have on your radar - the northwest is whitewater nirvana!!!!

Cheers,
T